19.6.12

just gone to the shop!

At last I have finished off these three cushions and popped them into the local shop. They will let me know in two weeks whether they will be able to sell them.


I have given them a selection of three different kinds. I love them all. It's tempting to keep them! I finished them off with some plain heavier cotton which I thrifted. In an envelope style. I do like the idea of having more colour on the reverse but thought I would keep it simple for now.


The back of these actually have a woolgenie label on them. I am waiting for some new labels. Woolgenie will always have a place close to my heart as that's how it all started....


I do love making these. A little bit of crochet in the evenings and before you know it, you have another cushion! I think my favourite is the grey design, but I'm really enjoying the colours in the large granny cushion. I tried to avoid pinks and purples in this one, imagining it sitting in a big leather armchair, possibily in a more male environment. How cool would that be in someones office?! Not saying men shouldn't like pink and purple of course......

off to conjure up some tea now,

Heather
x
                                                                  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your lovley comment and popping over to say hello on my blog.

    Gosh I'm in awe of your cushions! Aren't they beauties. Do hope the shop has good news for you. I'd snap one up I'm sure! I think the one with the grey background is my favourite althugh the one you said was perfect for a leather armchair would really tempt me too; I love your colour combinations. And the white version would definitely come home with me if I had a little girl! Gosh I'd be skint. Good luck with them.

    Thanks again
    Stephx

    ReplyDelete