24.12.12

A very merry christmas from the common!


At last in all it's glory I present the dog walkers christmas tree! it looks at it's best in the sun as you can see the tinsel sparkling and billowing in the breeze. It has become something of a pilgrimage to come and see this tree at christmas.


There are lots of cards and pictures, some from furry friends departed, and lots of change and dog food in the box below.


I do hope for some sunny skies this christmas, at the moment we seem to have descended under a blanket of fog and rain! I hope it will pass.

On a brighter note than fog and rain, I thought I would show you another elving project;


These boot cuffs were actually quite easy and quick to make, you can find a tutorial here. I imagine they could be fun in all different colours!

Also I was very excited to have a couple of last minute sales in my etsy shop this week. You may have notice a couple of cushions have disappeared. One on it's way to the Netherlands and one in the UK. I am encouraged by this and plan on concentrating next year on filling it up more. It's hard to tell if you are pricing things right or which styles to aim for, but there are a lot of projects to finish off and list.

So I wish you a warm and magical christmas eve as we prepare for santa!
and wish you a very merry christmas! 



21 comments:

  1. That is so wonderful to see at last!
    congrats on your cushion sales too
    have a wonderful wonderful christmas....
    Daisy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful boot cuff!
    And that tree is incredible, I think it's a wonderful tradition.
    Have a fantastic Christmas! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tree and boot cuffs too. Have a great Christmas - Claire at Just a little less xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dog tree is amazing!!!!
    Love your boot cuffs and I'm happy how things are going on in your shop!!!
    Buon Natale Heather!!!
    Love, xxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas! I hope your Christmas is filled with peace and joy...
    And I loved boot cuffs so much, I want to try it, or I can want them from my little sister:)She is more talented than me on knitting work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see the tree all decorated!
    Merry Christmas!
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great tree, Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those boot cuffs, great colour, but the tree steals the show!

    Have a brilliant Christmas.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a merry Christmas as well, Heather! I've enjoyed reading your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely tree;)
    Have a Wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas! Wishing you a most beautiful time.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Heather, the boot cuffs are the most lovely colour ... the tree tradition is fab ... wishing you a truly lovely Christmas ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry Christmas! So cool to see the tree in all it's glory, brilliant! Hope you have a lovely break. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Heather, have a very good Christmas. Enjoy with your love one's.
    Sweet Greet, Martine X.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this is the best tree I have ever seen! Like EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad you posted a photo of that tree! I have loved hearing about it and seeing it! And it turned out Gorgeous! Yay!
    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!
    Love,
    Tammy xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas Heather.

    Love, love, love the tree ... what a fabulous tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there Heather, I just read your comment that your son likes BB Guns too, well I tell you I freaked out a little when he wanted one, I thought for sure he WOULD shoot his eye out! For now he can't use it unless he's supervised. That kind of puts my mind to rest... for now! He's only 10 though!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi just catching up! I love that tree, fab! Hope you had a great Christmas, do you think I will ever be able to make lovely crocheted things like you!!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Merry Christmas, Heather.
    Delighted that you etsy shop is doing business. I ended up moving my etsy wares to an auction site and sold a dozen shopping bags in an evening.
    The dog walkers tree is a delightful project. The anonymity of it appeals to me. Hit-and-run decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The finished dog walker's tree looks great!

    I hope you had a lovely Christmas and wish you all the very best for 2013.

    ReplyDelete